I spend a lot of time online, creating documents and multitasking on my computer, so I am always looking for ways to optimize my time. And today I would like to share with you, some of what I think are the most common Windows shortcuts, using the control (Ctrl) key in your keyboard, they are simple and easy to remember.
Shortcuts are really easy to execute, just press and hold the Ctrl key and while holding the first key press the second key and let go.
Click Image to expand.
These Windows shortcuts will work on most Microsoft Windows releases (XP, Vista, Windows 7; etc.), most applications and web Browsers.
Most Windows compatibles keyboards will have 2 "Ctrl” keys as shown in the image below (Click Image to expand).
- Ctrl + Z – Enables you to undo the last action or several actions depending how many undo actions the application supports. Example: If you deleted a selected line of text or an image, you can easily use these keys combination to retrieve the selected line text back.
- Ctrl + A – Enables you to select everything (pictures, text; etc.) on a document, website page, or files and folders.
- Ctrl + X – Enables you to cut selected text, pictures and files.
- Ctrl + C – Enables you to copy selected text, pictures and files.
- Ctrl + V – Enables you to paste text, pictures and files that you previously cut or copy.
- Ctrl + F – Enables you to start a search within an application.
- Ctrl + S – Enables you to save a documents or save changes to the already saved document.
- Ctrl + O – Enables you to open a document.
- Ctrl + N – Enables you to create a new documents.