What you’ll learn
* How to build a robot from scratch
* Digital electronics and moderate machining
* How to use and integrate modern modules useful to all robots: power supplies, motor couplers, motor drivers (including H-bridges), opponent andobstacle detectors, and floor sensors.
* How to embrace and extend the base robot design
* How to use Roundabout, which operates with off-the-shelf brains, so that no programming is required
* How the additions of a microcontroller,configuration switches, and even a music module all come together as a final two-tier automaton showing a versatile Robot who is seemingly the master of its domain.
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at intermediate builders: adults, college students, and advanced high school students. It requires background experience in electronics, at least to the extent covered by Robot Building for Beginners.
Because the hobby involves soldering, electricity, and light machining, the writing is targeted toward individuals with those capabilities.